What is Raindrop Therapy?
It is a deeply relaxing treatment using the application of therapeutic essential oils to the feet, back and neck.
My clients call this treatment “Relax to the MAX treatment” lol
It begins with applying the oils to the Vita Flex points along the arches of the feet.
The Vita Flex technique was developed by the Tibetans thousands of years ago, even before acupuncture. Its literal meaning is “vitality through the reflexes”.
Next, the oils are dispenses like little “raindrops” along the spine and worked into the skin with feather like strokes.
All while laying atop a jade stone infrared heating pad!! So cozy! OHHHH YAAAA 🙂
Benefits to a Raindrop Therapy treatment:
1. Reduces Back Pain – The analgesic ingredients in the essential oils help reduce pain and discomfort.
2. Helps Relief Stress – Therapeutic essential oils have a normalizing effect on the nervous system making them ideal for reducing stress, anxiety and tension.
The oils can immediately penetrate cell membranes and diffuse through the blood and tissues instantly in a matter of seconds! The oils also cross the brain-blood barrier and effect the limbic system (the Amygdale) parts of the brain that control our mood, behavior and emotions. So if you’ve lost your “Joie de Vivre” Raindrop therapy will have you smiling and back to your normal self in no time!
3. Relaxes Muscles – These oils and techniques relax muscles that are sore, spastic or stressed. Basil, wintergreen, marjoram, cypress and peppermint essential oils help with all the common muscle conditions.
4. Helps Reduce Inflammation – World wide studies have identified several essential oils as powerful anti-inflammatory agents. These include wintergreen, peppermint and thyme.
5. Helps to Improve Circulation – Essential oils can be most beneficial in boosting circulation due to oxygenating properties. The essential oils of cypress, thyme, marjoram and peppermint all have properties that increase circulation and act as a circulatory stimulant.
6. Helps to Detox the Body Systems – These therapeutic oils used in Raindrop therapy are high in phenols hence, cleanse cellular receptor sites and can enhance the lymphatic system.
7. Helps improve Immune function – Thyme and oregano essential oils are known to support the immune system. These oils create an unfavorable environment for harmful viruses and bacteria that can hibernate and lay dormant in the body.